To: "Ken Hilliard" <ken,AT,acotec,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: Configure problems
From: Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw,AT,ithnet,DOT,com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 10:34:25 +0200
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Hi Ken,

generally - not only for this case - you should have a link there. The files
almost all distros have copied there belong to their respective kernels, but
kernel.org (or others) may well vary. This is why you should link the trees if
starting to compile own kernels. Applications using these includes depend on
them fitting your kernel.
Let me stress: I do not know if this cures your problem, but nevertheless the
hint per se is correct.

Regards,
Stephan