To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Cipe configuration error
From: Karl Kleinpaste <karl,AT,charcoal,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 06:53:43 -0500

Roger Young <r.young,AT,irl,DOT,cri,DOT,nz> writes:
> configure: error: Unsupported kernel version
> Does this mean cipe is not compatible with this kernel
> version, or is something else wrong??

I will be somewhat surprised if there is any further support for
moving CIPE into newer kernel revisions.  CIPE was very good and very
much needed for a time, but its time is past.  I suggest you examine
OpenVPN instead.

I use it quite a bit, and my first two configurations of it were to
replace previously existing CIPE links.  After a good bit of
consideration of the man page, it was possible to replace my old CIPE
links in about an hour of OpenVPN config hacking.