gorgo: Sun 3/50
- Sun Microsystems
- Motorola 68020 at 15.7MHz
- 12MB (Solflower memory expansion)
- none, at the moment
- Frame buffer
- bwtwo (1152x900 at 66Hz, monochrome)
- SCSI, 10base2, AUI, serial, video, keyboard+mouse
- NetBSD 1.5.1, SunOS 4.0.1
- My first 680x0 system. Honestly! I never had an 680x0
home computer. The 3/50 has 4MB RAM soldered to the mother
board, and no expansion slots. The memory expansion works by
pulling a couple of chips (part of the MMU, and some PALs)
off the motherboard, plugging a daughterboard into their
sockets, and plugging the chips into the
daughterboard. Under NetBSD, the machine is rather sluggish,
but under SunOS4, it's quite usable.
This machine is now part of Peter Koch's Sun3 zoo.
Copyright © 1999--2004
Sebastian Marius Kirsch
, all rights reserved.
Id: gorgo.wml,v 1.6 2004/05/04 08:55:14 skirsch Exp